It’s back to school time and that means back to packing lunches. You either love packing lunching or you hate it. Most moms I know find packing lunches to be a tedious and mundane task done in the sleepy morning hours, adding to the joy-sucking factor.
If you have a less-than-enthusiastic feeling about lunches, try my simple and effective back to school lunch hacks! You won’t go back to doing lunches the old way again.
Healthy and Fun School Lunch Ideas
For healthy, fun, and easy lunch ideas that will all to the excitement of making and eating lunches, try these super tasty school recipes.
These school lunch recipes are meant to give you endless options to create a full and healthy lunch box. Mix and match recipes for endless combinations. For simple side dish recipes and easy afterschool snacks, check out this post.
To make prepping and storing your kid’s lunches you’ll need some supplies. These amazing bento style lunch boxes make it easy to pack multiple items without annoying spillage. Also, these adorable condiment containers are reusable and super cheap for holding dips and dressings.
Pro Mom Tip: Try packing hot or warm foods (even non-liquid foods) in a thermos to keep them warm until lunch. This is perfect for burritos, warm wraps, and muffin cups.
1. Bean and Cheese Buritto | The Anthony Kitchen
2. Muffin Tin Sushi Cups | Rhians Recipes
3. Easy Pizza Muffins | Space Ships and Laser Beams
4. Easy Cheese Ball Recipe | Wholesome Yum
5. Peanut Butter and Jelly Rollups | Dancing Through the Rain
6. Apple, Turkey, and Cheese Sandwiches | We’re Parents
7. Pizza Rollups | Dancing Through the Rain
8. Cream Cheese Rollups | Aileen Cooks
9. Zucchini Chips | In the Kids Kitchen
10. Ham and Egg Cups | Tasty Galaxy
11. Rotisserie Chicken Salad | Tasty Galaxy
12. Goldfish Encrusted Chicken Nuggets | Freebie Finding Mom
13. Turkey and Cream Cheese Pinwheels | Mission to Save
14. Make Your Own Lunchables | Savings Lifestyle
15. Apple Protein Muffins | One Clever Chef
16. Fruit Tacos | Organized 31
17. Rainbow Vegetable Wrap | Recipes from a Pantry
18. Sunshine Carrot Dip | On My Kids Plate
19. Corndog Muffins | The Anthony Kitchen
20. Keto Chicken Ceasar Salad with Bacon and Avocado | Savory Tooth
21. Easy Carrot Shaped Veggie Pizza Bars | Crayons and Cravings
22. Turkey Club Ranch Wrap | Food Meanderings
23. Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Rollups | Natalie’s Health
24. Vegan and Tasty Tuna Salad Sandwich | Veg Annie
25. Crunchy Apple Peanut Butter Wrap | Finding Zest
26. Fun Pizza Dippers | Finding Zest
27. Cinnamon Yogurt Dippers | Finding Zest
28. Pizza Bagel Bites | The Anthony Kitchen
These recipes are fun and inspiring to add the fun to lunch making every day. Let us know your favorite lunch your kids want to try first in the comments below!
Brandi dove headfirst into the passionate world of blogging over 7 years ago when she felt inspired to launch FamilyFelicity in 2017. The name Felicity means great happiness and the joys of heaven, which speaks to her vision for the families she desired to impact with this blog over the years. In 2023, she knew it was time to pass the reigns to another passionate mama to continue the work. Brandi is now helping women thrive in their businesses as a copywriter and branding strategist in her new endeavor Thrive Content Creative. She is thrilled to leave FamilyFelicity in the most capable hands and heart. Thank you DayJah!